Tim Gunn gives advice on designing a life you will love, and making it work.
WHAT IS IT ABOUT
Tim Gunn is known for his work in the fashion industry. He is also the guru that gives advice to the contestants of Project Runway. Now we get to know more about his life and philosophies in his book, Gunn’s Golden Rules. Tim Gunn is true to being a really nice person. Having good manners and a strong work ethic really resonates strongly with him. He also uses the book to dish out the gossip stories about big names in fashion.
THE ADVICE HE GIVES
Here is the advice he gives and discusses:
- Make it work
- The world owes you…nothing
- Take the high road
- Don’t abuse your power – or surrender it
- Get inspired if it kills you
- Never underestimate karma
- Niceties are nice
- Physical comfort is overrated
- Talk to me: there’s always another side to the story
- Be a good guest or stay home (I won’t judge you – I hate parties)
- Use technology: don’t let it use you
- Don’t lose your sense of smell
- Know what to get off your chest and what to take to the grave
- When in Rome…I still wouldn’t eat monkey brains
- When you need help, get it
- Take risks! Playing it safe is never really safe
- Give back (but know your limits)
- Carry on!
WHAT I THOUGHT
This book is seriously entertaining. It is like the sugar that you take with your medicine. I liked the informal style of the book. It makes you feel like he is a friend chatting with you over a cup of tea. This book made me a fan of Tim Gunn, and I will recommend it in a heartbeat.
Get your own copy of Gunn’s Golden Rules by clicking on the link below.